When I first met Erin at my company Christmas party in December of 2010 (her husband and I work together) I never thought she would take me on this incredible Love4Gambia journey with her.
I agreed to become a part of her team (communications role) after learning more about what was going on with the Nova Scotia-Gambia Association and why Erin was embarking on this incredible run.
Well now that the run has been completed, all 424km with over $34,000 (in counting) raised, I wanted to take a moment to recap how the media has embraced Erin and her cause.
- Five newspaper articles including two front page features.
- One national running magazine article (Canadian Running).
- Numerous radio appearances in Canada and The Gambia.
- Six television appearances; BT, Global Sports and on the news in The Gambia.
- More blog mentions and features than we can count.
But most importantly everyone who caught Erin’s enthusiasm and shared her story with someone else, that is how change happens!
Keep a look out – more big things will be coming from the Love4Gambia camp in the future.