This summer, I will be running 424km over 17 days to run the length of The Gambia, from the border of Senegal to the Atlantic Ocean. It will be extremely hot and challenging (35°C!), and will definitely test my physical endurance and mental strength each day.
This will be my route:
I am doing this because I strongly believe that health promotion programs work. I am running in support of the Nova Scotia-Gambia Association, a non-profit organization that organizes peer health education programs throughout The Gambia on essential topics such as HIV/AIDS, malaria, water sanitation, environmental sustainability, and landmine awareness. I have been extremely impressed by the programs efficiency at reaching an entire generation across an entire country, and it’s ability to promote health and prevent illness across an entire generation. It’s an approach that makes sense, and I am more than excited to be running for such a great cause.
I am looking for donations to my campaign in order to raise money so the NSGA can continue its work in The Gambia. You can find more information about donating below.
Any and all donations are appreciated and will help me reach my goal of raising $15,000 for peer health education programs throughout The Gambia.
Here are some special perks:
- Donate over $20.00 and I will send you a postcard from The Gambia
- Donate over $100.00 and I will do all of the above and send you a one-of-a-kind souvenir from The Gambia
- Donate over $250.00 and I will do all the above and dedicate a kilometer on the route to you. I will take a picture of a highlight of it, which I will send you.
- Donate over $500.00 and I will do all of the above and dedicate a day of running to you. I will take pictures throughout the day and send them to you. (That works out to $20 per kilometer, which is a pretty good deal).How to Donate: There are several options available to support me and the Nova Scotia Gambia Association!1. Credit Card: You can donate online at http://www.love4gambia.com by clicking the donate link. Please select love4gambia under the fund/designation drop-bar to ensure the donation goes towards my campaign.
2. Cheque or Cash: You can donate by cheque or cash by sending your money to the Nova Scotia Gambia Association Office (1574 Argyle St. Suite 17; Halifax, N.S. B3J 2B3). Please include your name and address or email with the donation so that you can receive your tax receipt. Cheques can be made out to the Nova Scotia-Gambia Association with a memo for Love4Gambia. Please indicate that the donation is for Love4gambia if you are donating cash.
3. Time and Support: If you are unable to donate money to the cause there are other ways you can help me out! Please pass along this letter to your contacts and help me raise money for the peer health education programs in The Gambia. Follow me on Twitter, like my page on Facebook, and subscribe to my blog. Sign up for the Love4Gambia team when you register for the Bluenose Marathon in May. Any and all help is needed and appreciated greatly!
Note: A tax receipt will be sent to you from the Nova-Scotia Gambia Association for any donation over $20.00